PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT
- Responsible use of natural resources
- Preventing pollution
- Taking an industry leading position on environmental policy and practice
An awareness lecture was delivered to all cleaning & housekeeping contractors to sensitize them about why water is becoming scarce, how many people in the water have no access to portable water, what we all need to do to ensure we have enough water and there is water for future generations and reflect on how they can contribute in using water on their day to day activities in the terminal.
As part of our activities for Go Green 2017, on 22 September a group of DP World Maputo volunteers 24 people), went to plant trees at a Primary School in Bobole, 40 km from Maputo City.
INVESTING IN OUR PEOPLE
- Actively encouraging diversity and inclusion
- Developing talent and creating personal development opportunities for everyone
- Listening to our employees and delivering on our employment promise
In 2016 we received new equipment (6 RTG’s) No one has experience in using these machines, so we had to send 12 operators to Brazil for training.
When they returned to Maputo in October 2016, they started training other staff. Almost 38 were trained locally during 2017.
ENSURING THE HIGHEST SAFETY STANDARDS
- Meeting and exceeding best safety policy and practice
- Identifying and controlling health and safety risks
- Supplying, providing and maintaining safe equipment
As part of our Safety Policy every year we conduct safety awareness to all our employees including subcontractors (stevedoring companies)
BUILDING A VIBRANT, SECURE AND RESILIENT SOCIETY
- Building social infrastructure
- Strategic community investment
- Strategically partnering with organizations on issues of importance to the industry
On the 1st of October, we celebrate the International Day of Older persons. This day is celebrated every year as special day for older persons. On this day we recognize the contributions of older people in their families, communities and societies at large.